Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What To Do Now????

I want to say Thank You to all of you who cared about my dad. Our family will be forever grateful for everything that you've done for him - the rides to UCSF and back, the phone calls, the visits, the food, the prayers, the thoughts, walking with him up and down the hallways at the Hospice House, treating him like the strong, independent man that he was and not the sickly, weak, incommunicative shell that you saw in his last days, your attendance at his funeral and all the kind words and hugs you gave us.

It was wonderful to see everyone and to hear the great stories about him. I wish we could have heard more and spent more time with all of you. I like to remember those things about him. He was such a character!

I have spent so much time on this update blog that I'm not quite sure what to do now. I'm not really ready to give it up. Weird, huh? Are you ready to stop checking it? Not yet? Well, I'm going to leave it here for awhile and see how I feel about it. I might post once in a while, so don't give up on me just yet!

Thanks again for joining us on this crazy, emotional ride. We enjoyed your company!

Jen and the entire Tovey Family.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen,

    What about opening up the blog to anyone that wants to leave their story of Denny. You can moderate it and only print the things you think appropriate. It would give people a place to share and give you some more feedback on your dad.

    Love,
    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Karen! I love it!

    ReplyDelete