Wednesday, April 20, 2011

This Phase Is The Worst

I've been dreaming about my Dad a lot lately. I'll be at the house on Beechwood and he'll drive home or walk by me in the hall. I'll remember that it's not really him (in my dream), that i'm seeing his spirit, but I don't care cause i still get see him and talk to him. I've also been to several funerals in my dreams as well. It's tempting to call these dreams nightmares or painful, but they're not. I'm glad to relive anything that reminds me of him.

I started researching and learning as much as I can about Ford V8 engines, at first out of necessity since Doug and I will be left to build the engine for his '66 Fairlane. But the more i read and learned, the more I felt connected to my Dad... but now I'm just kicking myself for not taking more of an interest in mechanic specifics. But necessity is a greater teacher than curiosity. I didn't think I'd have to learn anything. I figured Dad would be around forever.

It's slowly, slowly sinking in just what has happened. But more than anything I'm still in disbelief that he's gone. I'm gonna have a hell of a time switching from the present tense when I talk about him. Dammit... I miss him like crazy. i didn't know it would be like this.

-Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment