Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday, March 20, 2011

We all (Mom, me, Wendy, Craig and Nancy) visited with Dad last night at his house. It was a nice visit, lots of laughing as usual and some moments of sadness. He gave us all our "birth shirts" from when we were born. For every kid, he took a white T-Shirt, wrote our name, date of birth, weight and height on the back, and wore it for a picture. He did this with all 7 kids. I was really happy to get mine! We've seen those pictures our whole lives, and it's such a great memory to have.

Dad was really weak and got tired easily. He would take a break, go lay down and fall fast asleep for 10 or 15 minutes, then emerge a bit refreshed. We left when he started to look like he was done for the night. 

It was a very nice visit and I'm glad everyone came to see him again. It was a bit hard for me to see him say goodbye to Wendy and Nancy as it may very well be the last time they see him. It's hard to lose your dad, and it's hard to say goodbye and walk out the door. I'm glad we get the opportunity to do it though, I just never thought it would be this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment