Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hard Dad day today

I am really having a hard Dad day today.  On the verge of tears at any moment.  I cried all the way to work today.  I think it might be because with all of the preparation for Mothers Day, it only reminds me that Fathers Day is just around the corner. This will be my first Father's Day without my Dad.  My sadness is now turning into regret.  Regret about not being a better daughter. Regret about not sending him a gift every year or a very thoughtful one.  When I would send him a gift, I loved to send him all his favorite treats for Fathers Day. He especially loved when I would send him a homemade card.  He would rave about it every time we talked.  I sure wish I could give him one more Father's Day gift.  One more homemade card. One more "I love you and thank you for being my Dad". One more hug.

I really miss him today!!  I am so grateful he was my Dad.  He was so fun and very insightful.  I wish I could call him and asked him what he would do to cope with all of this pain of loosing a parent.  He always knew the right thing to say.  He has gotten me through some really tough times that no one else was able to.  How will I ever cope with out him? 

I love you Dad!! 

~ Nancy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment